VOYCE’s mission is to education and empower individuals and their families across the continuum of long-term care. Practicum students at VOYCE with with staff to support this mission.
You will learn by supporting the Friendly VOYCE and Volunteer Manager in the following ways:
- Attend ombudsman certification training to become a designated ombudsman
- Visiting residents in long-term care facilities on a regular basis
- Identify resident complaints
- Work with facility staff to resolve resident complaints
- Educate residents about their rights
- Monitor facilities for the implementation of residents’ rights
- Encourage self-advocacy on the part of residents
- Assist in the implementation of other VOYCE programs
- Research topics and write blog posts for VOYCE’s website
- Additional duties as required
About the position:
- No experience required
- Foundation or concentration practicum
- Minimal travel required
- Travel/mileage reimbursement included
- Flexible hours with optional work-from-home days
- All VOYCE practicum students are eligible to attend our community and professional development events for free while they are completing their practicum.
Chien Hung (he/him), MSW, MA-G, RYTProgram Directorchung@voycestl.org314-919-2411
Fill out our Practicum Student Application today!