Jumpstart your social work career as VOYCE’s Policy and Advocacy Intern!
As a Policy and Advocacy Intern, you’ll develop a deep understanding of Missouri’s legislative process and political landscape and an understanding of the issues surrounding VOYCE’s policy priorities and the systems involved.
In this role, you’ll learn by doing as you :
- Shadow Policy Director in legislative meetings in Jefferson City.
- Follow and track legislation using tracking software.
- Prepare and submit written testimony on proposed legislation (option to present verbal testimony at committee hearings)
- Assist with legislative education efforts.
- Monitor committee hearings and chamber debates as needed and take notes relevant to VOYCE’s work.
- Assist with monitoring and updating legislative engagement documents.
- Assist with Policy Research
- Attend virtual and in-person training/education opportunities as available.
- Participate in Missouri Council on Aging’s Aging and Disability Network call
About the position:
- No experience required
- Foundation or concentration practicum
- Several Trips to Jefferson City required during the legislative session (Jan-May)
- Travel/mileage reimbursement included
- Flexible hours with optional work-from-home days
- Positions Available: One per semester
- Semester Availability: Spring 2024
Policy and Advocacy Director- Nicole Lynch, MSW
For more information about the issues you will work on, check out our Policy and Advocacy page.
Fill out our Practicum Student Application today!