As we all know, education is the ultimate advocacy and knowledge is power.
VOYCE believes in the power of education to empower people to make better-informed decisions about long-term care and to have a greater understanding of those living and working in long-term care.
VOYCE provides education for businesses and community groups to ensure that everyone has accurate and up-to-date information about the rights and care of one of our most vulnerable populations.
VOYCE provides educational workshops, seminars, and presentations on a wide range of topics. Our knowledgeable and certified team can present at your business or community event. To request more information please fill in the form below and we will contact you shortly.
Please call 314-919-2411 to schedule one of the following topics:
- Aging, gerontological, long-term care related processes, and resources
- Aging in Place: Options to Stay at Home
- Choosing Care Alternatives Across the Continuum of Long-Term Care
- Coping with stress and professional fatigue (burn-out); can be expanded to self-care, mindfulness, meditation, and chair yoga
- Decisions and options during the aging journey, including POA, directives, living will… This topic can be also about home care, long-term care, palliative care, hospice care
- Elder Abuse and Neglect
- Home vs. Facility-Based Care
- How to Advocate for Loved Ones in Long-Term Care
- Long-term care policies and regulations, such as nursing home evictions, electronic monitoring devices, family/resident council 101, abuse/neglect issues, or mandated reports and reporters…
- Long-term care advocacy, such as family advocacy, residents’ self-advocacy, and Ombudsman Program
- Long-term care resident rights, LTC person-centered culture
- Mental disorders and dementia
- Working with challenging residents, sensitivity training, Validation therapy approach
- Sex in nursing homes, older adults, and sex positivity
- When Facility Care is Best: How to Choose a Long-Term Care Community