If you have a passion for wanting to help the residents living in skilled, assisted living and residential care communities, we have a volunteer job waiting just for you. You can become involved with VOYCE to help improve their quality of life.
How You’ll Help
VOYCE, formerly the Long Term Care Ombudsman Program, depends on dedicated volunteers to advocate for a high quality of life for those in long-term care settings throughout the St. Louis region and Northeast Missouri.
As an ombudsman volunteer, you will give a voice to residents in long-term care communities and make a difference in the lives of our most vulnerable citizens.
- Visiting individuals who live in a long-term care community at a location convenient for you each week
- Talking to residents and personally getting to know them on an individual basis
- Giving residents an opportunity to voice concerns about the quality of their lives
- Investigating and advocating for resolutions to resident needs by working with staff caregivers
- Following up with residents to make sure they continue to receive care that meets their specific needs
All of our ombudsman volunteers are trained as certified ombudsman. Our training is completed in person or online, and all volunteers shadow ombudsman on two visits before their training is complete.
Ombudsman volunteers are provided with continuing education and receive regular communication and support from a Regional Ombudsman Coordinator.