Mental Wellness Navigator for VOYCE
VOYCE provides the St. Louis and Northeast Missouri regions with long-term care ombudsman services and information and referral services for people who are seeking long-term care solutions.
Mental health in long-term care settings is at an all time low due to loneliness and isolation which has been exacerbated by COVID-19. Residents have been without regular visits from family and friends for many months which has had devastating effects on mental health. Residents have witnessed unimaginable loss over the past several months due to COVID-19.
VOYCE is launching a new program in collaboration with Show Me Hope, the Behavioral Health Network, Provident Behavioral Health, Memory Keepers, and the Medical Family Therapy Program at SLU to provide mental wellness support to residents of the 17 skilled nursing facilities in St. Louis City along with their caregivers and families.
Position is an 8-month commitment with potential for future renewal based on continued project funding.
The Mental Wellness Navigator will be responsible for launching the Mental Wellness in Skilled Nursing Program. They will introduce the program to key facility members, provide trainings to staff and families, meet one-on-one with residents and provide them with appropriate referrals for support. The Mental Wellness Navigator will follow up to ensure referrals successfully connect and collect and report on program outcomes.
The Mental Wellness Navigator works closely with the Executive Director and Program Director to ensure all activities align with the mission and strategic vision of the agency along with the program plan. They will also work closely with program partners.
The Mental Wellness Navigator reports to the Program Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Engaging personality and comfort with initiating conversations and meeting new people groups and one-on-one meetings.
- Active listener
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including comfort on the phone.
- Highly organized with the ability to implement systems, able to work under pressure effectively, and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints.
- Personal life experience with long-term care or knowledge of the industry landscape.
- Knowledge of resources available to the aging population, people with disabilities or for those with mental health challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters Degree in social work, public health, or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in information and assistance, public health, mental health, or long-term care settings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google for Nonprofits, Zoom, Teams, and Airtable or similar products.
- Reliable transportation for travel throughout the St. Louis region.
- Starting salary of $22-25/hour depending on experience.
- VOYCE pays 75% of health, dental, and vision, 100% of short-term disability insurance, and matches up to 3% of annual salary in a Simple IRA.
- Employees accrue up to 10 days per year in PTO in their first year of employment plus ten holidays.
- Hourly, non-exempt position with 40 hours per week expected. Some flexible scheduling is available.
VOYCE is located in South St. Louis County. While the team expects to continue to work from home through June, this position will be office based after normal operations resume. This position will require in person visits to long-term care settings with appropriate PPE provided by the organization as soon as these setting reopen.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds, including people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community, and others are encouraged to apply. VOYCE is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.