If you are passionate about exploring methods to support elder justice and long-term care solutions and provide vital resources to the community as they age, then we have an exciting opportunity for you. VOYCE seeks a Director of Development and Community Engagement who can effectively establish meaningful connections and mobilize resources. Join our team and become a dynamic force advocating for those in need.
Who We Are
VOYCE is a dynamic and impactful non-profit organization dedicated to empowering individuals and communities through advocacy for elder justice and support for long-term care residents. Our mission is to enhance the quality of life for older adults and people with disabilities, ensuring their voices are heard and their rights are protected.
What You’ll Do
We’re seeking an experienced and visionary professional to join our team as the Director of Development and Community Engagement. In this leadership role, you will drive fundraising efforts, manage marketing activities, oversee partnerships, and provide strategic direction. Additionally, you will supervise the Education Coordinator and contracted Grant Writer to ensure the cohesive implementation of VOYCE’s mission. You’ll work closely with the leadership team and report to the Executive Director.
- Lead the individual donor process and engage donors in our mission.
- Identify and build relationships with former and prospective corporate donors.
- Oversee the Education Coordinator in leading and building active committees.
- Work with the contracted Grant Writer to craft a grant strategy complementary to our organizational goals and fundraising plan.
- Lead all marketing efforts, including digital, social, and traditional channels.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create engaging content for various platforms.
- Monitor and analyze marketing performance metrics to optimize strategies.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to enhance existing partnerships and explore new opportunities.
- Write and edit blogs to share stories, updates, and insights with the VOYCE community.
- Assist the Executive Director in setting the annual plans and budget.
- Foster a collaborative and high-performing team environment.
What We’re Looking For
We’re seeking an engaging personality with excellent communication skills and comfort with initiating conversations and meeting new people. You should be highly organized and able to work effectively under pressure. Knowledge of the St. Louis philanthropic community and understanding of institutional racism’s effect on health outcomes is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in individual giving, solicitation of major gifts development, corporate sponsorship, and event planning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google for Nonprofits, and Bloomerang database donor software or similar products
- Reliable transportation for travel mainly throughout the St. Louis region, but also throughout Missouri periodically for donor visits and other meetings
The range for this position is $67,000-70,000/year. VOYCE pays 75% of health, dental, and vision, 100% of short-term disability insurance, and matches up to 3% of annual salary in a Simple IRA. Employees accrue up to 15 days per year in PTO in their first year of employment plus 11 holidays. This is a salaried, exempt position with an expected average of 40 hours per week. Flexible scheduling and some remote days are available.
VOYCE is located in South St. Louis County. Candidates from diverse backgrounds, including people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and others, are encouraged to apply. VOYCE is an equal-opportunity employer.
Ready to make a difference with VOYCE? If you’re excited about this role and believe you can bring the necessary skills and experience, we’d love to hear from you. Please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.