Development Director for VOYCE- Full-Time
The Development Director crafts the story of VOYCE’s mission and shares it with the world.
Overseeing our fundraising, marketing, and advocacy functions, the Development Director is responsible for ensuring the message VOYCE puts out into the community is clear and impactful. They will plan, implement, and manage the organization’s revenue-generating activities, including but not exclusive to individual and online giving and manage staff members who write grants, advocate in the State Capitol, and plan events. They will also take charge of the organization’s marketing messaging through traditional media, social media, and digital advertising.
The Development Director works closely with the Executive Director and Program Director to ensure all activities align with the mission and strategic vision of the agency. The Development Director will create and manage the Fund Development Committee and serves on other committees related to Marketing and Development.
The Development Director reports to the Executive Director and is the supervisor of the Events and Sponsorship Coordinator, the Public Policy Coordinator, and the contract grant writer.
- Builds relationships with individual donors to create long lasting partnerships.
- Lead Annual Appeal process and engage donors in the organization’s mission.
- Lead moves management process for individual donors and meet with major donors to solicit gifts with support of Executive Director.
- Appropriately thank and steward all donors regardless of gift size.
- Improves and maintains the quality of the donor database.
- Build long-lasting, organizational based relationships with corporate sponsors.
- Oversee Events and Sponsorship Coordinator in leading and building active committees for the Education program and other events.
- Work with staff to create and implement a cohesive marketing strategy over several channels.
- Craft grants strategy complementary to organizational goals and fundraising plan.
- Assist Executive Director in setting annual fundraising plan and budget.
- Remain present in the community through networking events, coalition meetings, and one-on-one meetings with partners and donors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Engaging personality and comfort with initiating conversations and meeting new people to share the mission in groups and one-on-one meetings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including comfort on the phone.
- Personal life experience with long-term care or knowledge of the industry landscape.
- Experience as a volunteer and donor for a nonprofit organization.
- Knowledge of St. Louis philanthropic community
- Understanding of institutional racism’s effect on health outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in individual giving, solicitation of major gifts development, corporate sponsorship, and event planning.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google for Nonprofits, and Bloomerang database donor software or similar products.
- Reliable transportation for travel mainly throughout the St. Louis region, but also to Northeast Missouri periodically for donor visits.
- Starting salary of $65,000-70,000/year.
- VOYCE pays 75% of health, dental, and vision, 100% of short-term disability insurance, and matches up to 3% of annual salary in a Simple IRA.
- Employees accrue up to 15 days per year in PTO in their first year of employment plus ten holidays.
- Staff are provided with an annual budget to pursue continued education in their field.
- Salaried, exempt position with an average of 40 hours per week expected.
- VOYCE staff work out of the office Tuesday-Thursday and has the option to work from home on Mondays and Fridays after introductory period.
VOYCE is located in South St. Louis County.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds, including people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community, and others are encouraged to apply. VOYCE is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.