Operations Coordinator for VOYCE
VOYCE provides St. Louis and Northeast Missouri regions with long-term care ombudsman services, mental wellness support for people living in skilled nursing communities, and information and referral services for people who are seeking long-term care solutions.
The Operations Coordinator is a full-time, non-exempt position that touches all parts of VOYCE’s operations and supports the administrative, fundraising, and program functions of VOYCE and leads the VOYCEconnect information and referral program.
The Operations Coordinator reports to the Program Director with the involvement of the Executive Director.
- Enter daily donations into database, prepare donor acknowledgements and deposit
- Code bills according to prescribed class and accounts, assisting with preparation for monthly financials
- Answering phones, providing VOYCEconnect information to callers or transferring to appropriate staff
- Provide pre-meeting and follow-up support to the Executive Director
- General administrative support
- Prepare data and analysis required for monthly/quarterly/annual reporting to funders and other stakeholders for all programs
- Assist in preparing mailings and ensuring accuracy of communications
- Preparing documents for funders and board
- Managing donor database and update donor files
- Assisting with VOYCE outreach and fundraising events
Program and VOYCEconnect
- Develop a strong understanding of the long-term care landscape in the region including supportive services for caregivers and families. Maintain library of pamphlets and marketing material that can be shared with callers
- Maintain and update Consumer Resource Guide
- Provide high quality customer service to those who call and email VOYCEconnect for information about long-term care options, placement, and openings and provide needed information in user friendly format within 1 business day
- Maintain long-term care provider database including weekly staffing change list from state
- Maintain VOYCEconnect clients in database
- Follow up with high-risk callers to better assist their needs
- Maintain evaluation materials for all VOYCE programs
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong data analysis and program evaluation skills required
- Strong customer service skills and friendly written and telephone communication skills required
- Understanding of main long-term care payors such as Medicare, Medicaid (MO Healthnet), and long-term care insurance preferred
- Basic understanding of legal issues such as guardianship, conservatorship, payeeship, wills, trusts, durable power of attorney and HIPPA preferred
- Knowledge of the impact that systemic racism, discrimination against the members of the LGBTQ+ community, and other oppressive systems has in the quality of healthcare provided to members of our community preferred
- Highly organized with ability to set up and maintain processes and ensure completion of delegated tasks required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including comfort on the phone required
- Personal life experience with long-term care or knowledge of the industry landscape preferred
- Experience as a volunteer and donor for a nonprofit organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, gerontology, public health, community health or equivalent practical experience
- 2-3 years experience in organizations focusing on the aging population preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google for Nonprofits, AgingIS, AWS, and Bloomerang database donor software or similar products
- $18-21/hour depending on experience.
- VOYCE pays 75% of health, dental, and vision, 100% of short-term disability insurance, and matches up to 3% of annual salary in a Simple IRA.
- Employees accrue up to 15 days per year in PTO in their first year of employment plus ten holidays.
- Hourly, non-exempt position with 40 hours per week expected. Flexible scheduling is available.
VOYCE is located in South St. Louis County.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds, including people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community, and others are encouraged to apply. VOYCE is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email a resume and a letter detailing special qualifications and your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.