Administrative Assistant at VOYCE
VOYCE provides the St. Louis and Northeast Missouri regions with long-term care ombudsman services, mental wellness support for people living in skilled nursing communities, and information and referral services for people who are seeking long-term care solutions.
The Administrative Assistant is a new position that is responsible for supporting the VOYCE leadership team by processing data, acknowledging donors, and ensuring office operations go smoothly.
The Administrative Assistant works closely with and will be overseen by the Executive Director.
- Enter daily donations into database, prepare donor acknowledgements and deposit
- Code bills according to prescribed class and accounts, assisting with preparation for monthly financials
- Assist in preparing mailings and ensuring accuracy of communications
- Preparing documents for funders and board
- Managing donor database and update donor files
- Maintaining organizational files
- Answering phones, providing information to callers or transferring to appropriate staff
- Assisting with VOYCE outreach and fundraising events
- Provide pre-meeting and follow-up support to the Executive Director
- General administrative support
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly organized with ability to set up and maintain processes and ensure completion of delegated tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including comfort on the phone.
- Personal life experience with long-term care or knowledge of the industry landscape.
- Experience as a volunteer and donor for a nonprofit organization.
- Knowledge of St. Louis philanthropic community and understanding of institutional racism’s effect on health outcomes.
- Associates degree preferred.
- 2-3 years office management, donor relations, accounts payable, accounts receivable or similar fields
- Experience in a nonprofit setting a plus
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office, Google for Nonprofits, and Bloomerang database donor software or similar products.
- Starting salary of $16-17/hour.
- Employees accrue up to 10 days per year in PTO in their first year of employment, prorated for part-time employees.
- Hourly, non-exempt position with an average of 20 hours per week expected. Hours are typically Monday-Friday with rare weekends or evenings required for committee meetings or events.
VOYCE is located in South St. Louis County. This position will be based in the office with COVID protocols including masking requirements.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds, including people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community, and others are encouraged to apply. VOYCE is an equal opportunity employer.
Letter of interest/cover letter and resume required for application. Please email to email@example.com.